Posted 5 months ago
Research Clinical Director, oversees the clinical research process of the clinical staff from initiation of research projects, study design, implementation and coordination to completion, monitoring and analyzing data.
Director of Clinical Research role and responsibilities:
- Provides periodic status reports and updates of clinical research output and performance to senior management on a regular basis. Collaborates with staff in other departments within the organization to construct, implement, and achieve performance goals and methods required for accurate and timely completion of clinical research projects.
- Supervises clinical research staff to ensure accurate/appropriate completion of study protocols and analysis for study investigators. Responsible for organizing and facilitating meetings/mentoring sessions with research support staff including research coordinator staff meetings to further educate the research team and other staff in research methods.
- Oversees database integrity and security of clinical research. Monitors the input of data and maintenance of specified databases for projects for accurate reporting. Provides data reports in an acceptable format to recipients and assist in analyzing the data. Interacts with research subjects and their families to communicate procedures and significance of the study and recruit patients for research studies, obtaining their informed consents to participate in studies, acts as patient advocate.
- Serves as a liaison for clinical research to ensure adequate feedback is given and the build is optimized for the medical staff and research staff to increase efficiency in the collection of data for research purposes.
- Attends national professional meetings each year and participates in study group meetings.
- Actively participates in educational activities and staff meetings and continuously explores ways to gain knowledge and improve job performance.
- Develop operating procedures and ensure that the entire research team follows those procedures.
- Create good overall guidelines for clinical research and ensure that the guidelines are followed.
- Help balance budgets and oversee the management of the clinical research team.
- Ensure that all federal and state regulations are followed completely.
- Present progress reports and strategies to management.
- Strong ability to direct and manage a team to fulfill all projects on time and within the budget while providing rich insights to clients.
- Must be able to spot talent quickly.
- Needs to have the skill set to be able to take a challenging problem and figure out how to approach it and what kind of partners they need to bring together.