Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review clinical studies and understand study specifics and eligibility requirements
- Serve as primary contact between patient, doctor, clinical research coordinators and investigators
- Set screening criteria and communicate with existing patients from internal database to pre-screen for study eligibility
- Support the development of recruitment strategies, branding, and campaign materials including television, radio, and digital marketing
- Manage & track outreach efforts (letters out, ad campaigns, calls, emails, etc.)
- Develop outreach materials including letters and pamphlets
- Partner with outside vendors and identify potential opportunities to recruit external patients
- Performs direct recruiting/advertising activities (involving the setup and coordination of daily recruitment table activities) for multiple research projects using advertisements approved by the appropriate Institutional Review Board (IRB) using media available and feasible for the studies open for recruitment.
- Ensures up-to-date recruitment materials/advertisements are publicly available via all approved platforms (i.e.; website, social media, etc.)
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal communication and collaborates well with others as part of a multi-disciplinary team to include Principal Investigators, Clinical Research Coordinators, Clinical Research Assistants, Data Managers, and other center staff.
- Works with the study team to draft and update recruitment fliers, recruitment scripts, and other recruitment related materials; helps team keep track of expiration dates of various recruiting documents.
- Conducts IRB-approved recruitment activities, which may include manning a recruitment table and conducting scripted telephone interviews with potential participants.
- Attends recruitment meetings with study staff, clinicians, and/or potential participants.
- Schedules consent/screening meetings between potential participants and study team members.
- Creates, updates, and maintains a recruitment database.
- Develops clinical contacts throughout for the purpose of updating clinicians regarding recruitment for ongoing studies and securing new recruitment table locations.
- Works with study team to develop working knowledge of all ongoing studies and effectively communicates the design and inclusion criteria of these studies to potential participants.
We are looking for Patient Recruitment Specialists with sales experience to join our Patient Experience team.
Under the supervision of the Head of Patient Experience, the Patient Recruitment Specialist will be responsible for all recruitment related activities for assigned clinical trials. This includes but is not limited to mastery of protocol-specific inclusion/exclusion criteria, participation in the development of recruitment strategies and plans, and the tracking of recruitment results. The Patient Recruitment Specialist will mainly be responsible for calling potential study participants, getting them excited about participating in clinical research, and working with research sites to schedule potential participants for on-site visits.
If you are a curious, motivated person and are looking to make an immediate impact at an exciting startup, please get in touch!
About You and The Role:
- Make 40-50+ outbound calls a day, responding to patients that are interested in participating in a clinical trial; assess preliminary subject eligibility against protocol specific inclusion and exclusion criteria
- Answer incoming calls from potential study patients and assess preliminary subject eligibility against protocol specific inclusion and exclusion criteria
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of assigned medical indications
- Review patient database and other electronic platforms as required to identify potential study patients and initiate contact
- Ensure accurate collection and entry of patient information into the relevant databases while on the phone
- Ensure courteous and efficient service is provided to all callers
- Support other members of your team as well as cross-functional team members
- Attend and contribute to department meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree, Associate’s degree or equivalent with a passion for communicating to people.
- Prior history delivering excellent customer service is required; call center experience a plus.
- Documentation in a customer service environment, medical documentation is preferred.
- Be an outgoing individual who is comfortable making connections with new people.
- Medical terminology a plus.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus.
- Prior inside sales experience a plus.
- Possess exceptional organizational skills and attention to details.
- Display excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to quickly adapt to changes in responsibilities, workloads, and priorities.
- Be a fast learner with the capacity to retain and differentiate key enrollment criteria across clinical trials.
- Demonstrate a focus on process improvement and be capable of articulating ideas for improving efficiency and maximizing results.
- Possess well-developed interpersonal skills and an ability to work well independently, as well as with co-workers, peers, supervisor, and external customers.
- Able to maintain confidentiality with HIPAA guidelines, patient information, and other sensitive information.
- Demonstrate professionalism, sense of urgency, and self-motivation to achieve required metrics.